Couple take-home points on keeping pets safe during the holidays:
– To be safe, if you have that dog or cat that just HAS to chew on everything, it’s probably best to not have any plants in the house. Sure, if they munch on a poinsettia plant, they won’t need to be rushed to a vet or anything, but cleaning up puke isn’t fun either!
– The plants I’ve mentioned typically don’t taste good! So, again, unless you have that dog or cat that thinks he’s a goat, the appeal really isn’t there for the majority of animals.
– Don’t forget grapes and raisins can be toxic in many dogs and cats, causing kidney failure. Yet some individuals eat them and are fine! No one knows why this is yet, so it’s best not to find out the hard way.